Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Day of Cooking. . .


Today, I have spent many hours in the kitchen preparing a couple of meals. I cooked a BBQ roast for Ben to take to work tomorrow. I also put a fruit tray together that includes some grapes and chocolate covered strawberries. I hope his co-workers like the food.

For dinner tonight, I made two of our favorite recipes. The main dish is called Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie. You may have heard of it before. It was on Bisquick boxes for many years. I remember cooking it for my dad when I was much younger. A few weeks ago, I made it for Ben for the first time. He really enjoyed it and asked me to make it again. He likes to eat it with Ortega. I keep it simple and eat mine with Ketchup. To view this recipe click on the hyperlink above. The picture above reminds me of how I felt when cutting up the onion. Ben usually does that for me. :-)


Usually, I make baked tater tots to go with the cheeseburger pie; however, tonight I decided that I would make one of our favorite desserts. We found a Peach Cobbler recipe from Paula Deen months ago. It is absolutely delicious and very easy to make. If you would like to view the recipe click on the hyperlink above.

No comments:

Post a Comment