Monday, June 8, 2009

In the beginning. . .


Ben and I met a little over 7 years ago. Ben was a wrestler and I was his wrestling cheerleader. I only chose him as my wrestler because I recognized his name. I had no clue who he was, but I would soon find out. When I first was introduced to Ben, I thought he was cute and nice; however I really had no intentions of dating him. At that point in my life, I had a huge crush on another guy. However, Ben was everywhere I turned. He waited on me after every one of my classes. I remember telling one of my friends, “This guy really gets on my nerves because he is too nice.” I also told her that I would never date him. Little did I know that a couple months later, I would end up asking him to my junior prom. To make a long story short, the night of my prom is the night that I realized I would end up marrying him.

Ben and I went on many dates after going to prom together. At the beginning of our relationship, I drove him to many of our dates and paid for them, too. :-) However, he has certainly paid me back. On March 28, 2006, Ben asked me to marry him. It's actually a pretty hilarious story. I had been waiting on an engagement ring for a while. I mean we had already been together for three years. We had no intentions of getting married before I got out of college; however, like every girl in the world, I wanted a ring around my finger. One night, Ben asked me to come over to his parents’ house; he told me that he would be cooking for me. This was nothing unusual, because Ben liked to cook for me. Well, I was running late to his parents’ house. I was in Wal-Mart when my phone rang; it was Ben asking me when I was coming. I told him that I would be there soon, and I jokingly said, “I'm not in a hurry, because it's not like you are going to propose to me or anything.” He laughed along with me. When I got to his parents’ house, he had our song playing. He got down on his knee and held out the box with my engagement ring in it. He said that I scared him, because of the look that I had on my face. I was in complete shock, but after I took a breath or two, I told him “yes.”

On June 2, 2007, Ben and I were married. We had a wonderful wedding day and a great honeymoon cruise to Mexico. Since our marriage, we have grown in so many ways as a couple. We look forward to the future, and pray that God continues to bless us.

No comments:

Post a Comment